Programme: HERANA II
HERANA Phase 2 was formally launched at a workshop on 24-26 October 2011 at Lanzerac, Cape Town.
Phase 2 will conduct evidence-based research on higher education in Africa in the following areas:
- The enhancement of information capacity-building for evidence-based policy-making and management
- The development of a better understanding of the national higher education commissions and their roles in policy coordination
- A study of the incentive/rewards of African academics
- The elaboration of Phase 1 research on university development projects.
Phase 2 will also seek to maintain and strengthen advocacy, and continue the Higher Education Masters in Africa programme and include a Doctoral programme.
Click here to read the full proposal for the HERANA Phase 2 project.
- The Incentivisation of African Academics
- Information Capacity-building for Evidence-based
Policy-making and Management
- The Roles and Functions of Higher Education
Commissions and Councils in Africa
- The Connectedness of Engagement Projects
- Higher Education Masters in Africa
- Democracy, the University and Student Development